Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gender Reveal

   We have decided to wait a little bit to get this blog post out, but we wanted to finally share the gender of our little baby!!  We are having a....
 Can you believe it??  We are so thrilled.  David was convinced all along, but I had absolutely NO idea!  
   We both worked in the morning on May 21, so we met at the hospital.  David got there almost 30 min early because he was so excited!  The lady at the front desk was very surprised when we checked in for our 3:30 appt before 3:00.  We told her we just couldn't wait any longer!  Thankfully, they took us a little early.  The ultrasound went great.  Right now our son (still getting used to saying that) is right on track for being a healthy baby and an average size which is a relief to me since David was an almost 10 pounder!  It was so much fun to see how much our baby has grown since our 8 week ultrasound!  We got to see all of his little fingers, watch him suck his thumb, wriggle around a little bit and just look totally adorable.  We had decided beforehand that we would wait to find out the gender until it was just the two of us, so while we were there, we had the sweet and obliging ultrasound tech write down the gender on a card and seal it in an envelope.  We could barely handle the excitement and probably stopped 10 times on the way to the car to ask each other if we should just open it now.  Thankfully, we had the willpower to wait until we got home.  However, David about drove me crazy holding up the envelope in the rearview mirror of his car since we drove separately, and pretend to open it on the way home.  We made it home, and immediately ripped it open, and saw that we were having a boy.  I am so incredibly excited to be having a boy, but if I had been apprehensive at all before opening that card, seeing the elated look and the huge smile on David's face would have made it completely worth it!!  I will never forget that smile!  We went out to dinner that evening to celebrate our news.  
    Since then, David and I have had so much fun telling our families what we are having.  They had such great reactions!  We have also begun to wrap our minds around the idea of having a son and continue to get more excited.  Sometimes the thought of having a boy is crazy to me.  I can't help but think, "Goodness, I think I know a little bit about girls, but a BOY!?" Oh my.  What do I know about raising a boy to be a man of God, and be manly yet gentle, firm yet polite, a leader yet still a servant.  Thank goodness for God's grace and an amazing husband, as well as uncles and grandpas who will be an incredible example for our son.  We have decided to keep the name of our son a secret until the birth.  We have decided on a first name, but are still working on the middle name.  I can't wait to meet this little boy in about 17 weeks!  Here are a few more pictures taken by the incredible Val Wegener of Valerie Lynn Photography.  She is amazing, and we love her!
     I also want to say, we have deliberated extensively about when to post this.  While we are overwhelmed with excitement and joy at having our little son, our hearts also weigh heavily for our little nephew, Gideon Watts and his precious parents as they begin their battle with Watts' leukemia.  Watts, we can't wait for you to get better and to meet your cousin.  I know you are going to be great friends and get into all kinds of trouble together.  I can't wait for you to wrestle together, go on adventures, build forts, and learn what it means to be the kind of men that your parents are praying you become.  In the meantime, Watts, we know that God is holding you in the palm of His hand.  "Not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it, and you are much more precious than many sparrows." (Matthew 10:29),  Watts, we know you are hurting and confused but we are praying this for you that you feel God's presence like He promises in Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Keep fighting, little Gideon.  Your cousin will be excited to meet such a strong, courageous little boy like you.




4 comments:

  1. Anna you are so cute and I'm thrilled for your news! Boys are totally awesome and you are going to love it!! Praying for the remainder of your pregnancy and for the whole Guthmann family during this time with Watts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures - so cute! I am praying for Watts & your whole family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are ADORABLE. I'm so excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what fun to find out the gender! I remember that it was SUCH a crazy special day when I found out I was carrying a son! And Watts is thrilled to pieces to have a cousin close to his age, he told me himself;) Thanks for the prayers and encouragement. Cannot wait to see our boys (goodness, that's fun to say) rough housing together and causing all kinds of mischief!

    ReplyDelete