Thursday, June 27, 2013

Weeks 23 and 24

   Well, I am a bit delayed with these posts, per the usual.  Biggest pregnancy update is that I am feeling our son move so much more!  It is definitely very reassuring and really fun!  When I sit down and when I'm trying to go to sleep are the times he especially loves to go crazy.  I wonder what this kid is going to be like when he is born.  He is super chill like 75% of the time but when he decides it's time for his daily exercise, he means business and doesn't stop moving for quite a while!
   Other than pregnancy, our biggest life update is that David was promoted to Lieutenant!  He will tell you that it's not a big deal and that he stayed breathing in the Navy for 4 years.  However, while in some ways this is true, you get promoted to Lieutenant 4 years post graduation, I would like to take a few minutes to brag about him because I think he has done a whole lot more than stay breathing for four years.  He is so humble, I know he would never say anything about the amazing job he is doing right now.
    David has the best attitude of anyone I know despite how difficult things are for him.  I can't begin to describe to you how crappy a lot of aspects of his job are right now.  He gets up at or before 5:00 every day, and works 12-15 hour days 6 days a week.  In addition to that, every three days he has to stay overnight and on those nights he goes from when he gets up around 4:30 am, until about 8pm standing duty and then spends about another 2 hours getting caught up on all his responsibilities that he isn't able to do while on duty .  Then he sleeps for about two hours, gets up, does his rounds then sleeps for about another hour, and then gets up on the boat and works another full workday before coming home.   That's been his schedule for the most part for a little over a year and a half.  Let me tell you, my attitude after one day of that would be terrible.  I am kind of like a baby.  I need to sleep and eat or I am no fun at all to be around...we will see how this goes when I actually have our baby. :)      
    Anyway, back to David.  I could go on and on about how much he works or how hard all of his jobs are or just how much brilliance is required to do his job.   However, the most impressive part is that he comes home every day with a positive attitude, a willingness to pitch right in with whatever I am doing, and his first words are always "how was your day, Babe."  It is so rare that he really complains about his day, or talks negatively about a situation at work.  Instead, he pitches in with dinner and dishes, asks me about how I'm doing, takes me out for froyo :-), and loves and and serves me unwaveringly.  I am often humbled as I look at our marriage.  Ephesians 5:25 is the well known passage that says "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her."  I know that David isn't perfect and I'm not saying he is at the same level as the way Christ loves the church, but David does walk this verse out so well in our marriage.  He constantly sacrifices for me, is far more concerned with my well being than his own, and I have never doubted his love.  I am so overwhelmed by God's grace in giving me such an amazing husband.  I couldn't imagine a more perfect match for me and I am so excited to have him as our son's father.  So, thanks, Babe, for being a man that I can brag about and that is faithful, kind, hard working, diligent, funny, smart, encouraging and loves me and the Lord more than anything else.  I'm so proud of you.


Here are a few shots from their promotion ceremony. 






Way to go, Babe!  I love you and am so proud of you!


1 comment:

  1. Way to go, David! And I think I can tell a difference between belly pics 23 and 24... isn't it amazing how our bellies grow?!

    ReplyDelete