Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 27

This week, David's schedule has been extra busy.  They are undergoing a huge push to get the boat from dry dock into the water, which means David and the other guys are working tons of extra hours to get this done.  Because of this, having a Friday afternoon together was extra special!  We were supposed to go to boat picnic on Friday, but in accordance with many of of our plans, we couldn't go.  David had to stay later than expected at work, so we missed the picnic.  However, because he was trying to hurry home to make it, he got home early in the afternoon!  It was such a fun treat!  We had a lunch date, he got an afternoon nap, and we had a date night too!  It was much needed and so wonderful.  We attempted to go to P.F. Chang's, one of my favorite restaurants, but it was an hour and a half wait.  Much too long for this pregnant girl to wait, so we headed across the street to Macaroni Grill.  We felt like our parents.  They would always go to Macaroni Grill or Carrabbas on their date nights.  To top it off, we paid with a gift card.  Totally turning into our parents. :-)
Saturday, we got lots of progress made on our crib!  David finished making the sides and I worked on sanding.  We still have a lot of sanding to do, but everything is all built now!  This is the front and sides of the crib completely built!  



Here is an update of pregnancy this week!  I have seen this on a few other blogs, and thought it was a cute way to give an update!

How far along?  27 weeks
Maternity clothes? Still some regular clothes, but starting to need a lot more maternity clothes.  Loving my new Old Navy tank tops and shorts!  My mom saved the day by sending me some!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep:  It's been great for the most part, but this week, Baby G decided to do martial arts in my belly when I was trying to fall asleep.  I love feeling him move, but hopefully, he will calm down a little bit this week when I'm trying to sleep!
Best moment this week: Our Friday date night!!
Miss Anything? A good glass of wine and dessert! (I failed my one hour glucose test, so I have been on a special diet the last few days to prepare for my 3 hour retest on Tuesday) 
Movement:  Um, YES!
Food cravings:  Ice cream
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Labor Signs:  None so far
Symptoms: My belly is growing so much!  I have also noticed my feet get sore a lot more quickly and I have been so tired!
Belly Button in or out? So far, it's still in.  Thank goodness!  I don't think it will be for much longer though!
Wedding ring on or off? On, but I can definitely feel them getting a little tighter
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time.
Looking forward to: Finishing up the crib and starting to make/buy things for the nursery!  Also, David and I are hoping to go to Asheville for a weekend together soon.  I'm really looking forward to that and hoping it works out!  

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh you're glowing bestie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I'm with you about feeling the baby move, its the best feeling, even when you don't particularly want to feel it at that moment, its so reassuring to know the baby is active!

    Try out ASOS for Maternity Clothes. They have great prices and cute dresses and tops!

    ReplyDelete