Sunday, July 14, 2013

Weeks 25 and 26

    This summer is flying by.  I can hardly believe that I'm getting close to my third trimester!  The last two weeks have been busy, busy!  Here a few of the things we have been up to.  The week before, my sister, mom and I took a little trip down to Wilmington!  Christina and I had never been, and we had her birthday gift from our awesome uncle, two nights in a hotel, to use!  It was so much fun!  We spent the first night down there just the two of us and enjoyed catching up during a long evening beach walk and then having a girl's night complete with dinner in bed, chocolate, brownies, hot chocolate, and multiple episodes of One Tree Hill.  Perfect.
   The second and third day, my mom joined us and it was such a fun time!  We definitely missed the rest of the Preble girl clan, but it was a really fun, unique time together!  We rarely get to spend time together in a small group like that.  The weather was decent in the mornings.  We all caught some much needed rays, but in the afternoons, it decided to monsoon.  So, like any self respecting girls, we did a considerable amount of retail therapy.  Wilmington, it turns out, has some great shopping!  We landed several great thrift store finds, including a dresser for the nursery!  Thanks, Goodwill!  We also had a wonderful time exploring downtown Wilmington and enjoyed an amazing waterfront dinner!  If you are ever there, make sure to go to Riverboat Landing because it was incredible!  The most melt in your mouth lobster risotto, ravioli, and salmon ever.  We wished we could have had longer to explore the town, but it was a fabulous girl's weekend getaway.








    On the 29th, I had the privilege of being completely pampered at a baby shower that my incredible friends threw for me!  It was beautiful.  Pictures to come later, but they did an amazing job!  I felt so special.  I have talked so many times about how blessed we have been here in Norfolk, but I was once again reminded of this.  They showed Baby Guthmann and I so much love, we got lots of much needed gifts to prepare for our baby, ate tons of yummy food, and had a fabulous girl's afternoon of fellowship!  
     David and I enjoyed spending this year's 4th of July down in Goldsboro with David's brother and sister in law, Caleb and Jennifer Guthmann.  We missed seeing the rest of our family over the fourth, but had a fun and productive weekend!  David has been really wanting to make a crib for our son, so he and Caleb hit the ground running and got a huge amount done while we were there.   In the meantime, Jennifer and I enjoyed lots of bonding time. :-) We also got to meet the Guthmann's adorable new goldendoodle puppy, Raleigh and then go to the city of Raleigh on the 4th for an amazing fireworks show!   We have really enjoyed living within driving distance of Caleb and Jennifer and spending time with them!  




    I can't wait for continue working on the crib with David and then start the finishing process including sanding, staining, and assembling, to get things ready for our son!  
    While we were down at Caleb and Jennifer's I am pretty sure our baby decided to grow exponentially.  I felt like I woke up on Sunday morning and my belly had gotten huge!  I am sure I will look back in a few weeks and laugh at my definition of "huge" right now, but it sure feels like our son grew overnight!  I'm officially needing maternity clothes, and my regular clothes are quickly becoming a non option.  It's been a hot summer here, but I have definitely noticed that this little baby makes me feel exponentially hotter than usual.  Thank you, Mom for all the awesome Old Navy tank tops!!  Here are some pictures from weeks 25 and 26! 


1 comment:

  1. I love the crib! And your belly is adorable. Cannot wait to meet your little man!

    ReplyDelete